Our Story

Pitching the vision...

Broadway Baptist Church (BBC) grew out of a community Sunday School that was organized in 1938.  In 1942, the Chilhowee Baptist Association (CBA) began to see the need for a Baptist church in the booming Eagleton community.  BBC was formed to fulfill this vision in the spring of that year.

On March 14, 1942, Rev. G. W. Splawn was called to be Broadway Baptist Church's first pastor.  He led the congregation in selecting the church's new building site, and men from the community - many of whom were ALCOA employees - helped construct Eagleton's new Baptist church. Eight months later, the new building was completed, and on May 5, 1943, the first service was held.

Expanding the vision...

Additions to the original chapel were completed in 1955, providing the church with a much needed educational wing (right). Due to the influx of World War II veterans, the church expanded and completed the current sanctuary in 1960 (left).

Expanding the vision (II)...

The current educational wing was added to the new sanctuary in 1997, providing BBC with a new fellowship hall, children and adult classrooms, and a childcare facility.

In 2006, the old building was torn down, providing additional parking for the campus. 

Catching the Vision...

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 8:00 am and 10:30 am.